USING THE INFORMATION BELOW AND THE PATIENT HISTORY AND DEMOGRAPHIC, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO WRITE A 3 PAGES CASE SUDY DISCUSSION ABOUT SALMONELLA TYPHIMURIUM ORGANISM AND HOW IT CAUSES BACTEREMIA FOR THIS PATIENT, AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
1. TALK ABOUT THE DATA COLLECTION AND PROBLEM (DIAGNOSIS) AND ALL THE INFORMATION GIVIN,, THE PAST HISTROY AS WELL OF THE PATIENT
2. ANALYSIS OF THE LABORATORY DATA IN RELATION TO THE DIAGNOSIS THAT CAUSED BY SALMONELLA TYPHIMURIUM WHICH IS BACTEREMIA OR SALMONELLOSIS
3. PLEASE DISCUSS THE DISEASE PROCESS OR DISEASE PROGRESSION IN THIS PATIENT,, MONITORING, AND THE BEST TREATMENTS OR MEDICATIONS FOR THIS KIND OF ORGANISMS (S. TYPHIMURIUM)?
4. PLEASE DISCUSS THE DISEASES THAT CAUSED BY THIS ORGANISM AND HOW IT PROGRESS?
5. FIND AND USE TRUSTWORTHY REFERENCES AND PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE CITATION (IN-TEXT AND THE WORK CITED PAGE).
A. 1 OR 2 JOURNAL ARTICLE
B. 2 OR 3 WEBSITES
PLEASE AVOID COPY AND PASTE..
PLEASE DO THE IN-TEXT CITATION…
? Female Patient
? 38 years of age
? Immunocompromised who had a past medical history of Breast mass , Breast cancer ( Diagnosed in July2012) and recurrent malignant pleural effusions.
? Patient was admitted in hospital 7/22/2013 complaining of:
? shortness of breath
? pleural effusions
? So the admission Diagnosis was SHORTNESS OF BREATH (SOB).
? Test ? Result ? R.Range ? Interpretation
? Blood Pressure ? 107/62 ? 120/80 ? L
? Pulse ? 116 ? 60-100 ? H
? Teperature ? 98.2 F ? 97.8-99 F ? N
? ResPiration rate ? 20 ? 15-20 ? N
HEAMATOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY RESULTS
Test Result R.Range Interpretation
WBC 14.10 4.5-11 H
HGB 7.0 13-18 g/dl L
HCT 22.5 40-52 % L
PLTs 127 150-440 L
Na 142 135-145 mg/dl N
K 4.5 3.5-5.0 mEq/l N
BUN 20 6-20 mg/dl N
CREATNINE 1.28 0.60-1.20 mg/dl H
MEDICATIONS FOR PAST HISTORY DISEASES
? Docusate sodium
? NaCl fluid
? 3 episodes of Thoracentesis before pleurx catheter was placed
Day 4 of Admission
? Patient developed fever
? Bacterial Infection suspected
Microbiology Work up & Results
? Blood Culture ordered:
1 out of 2 sets was positive (anaerobic bottle positive) which grew later Salmonella species
? Gram stain:
Gram negative rods seen
? Polyvalent antigen latex >> Positive
? sent to state lab for seotyping
DIAGNOSIS OF THE CASE STUDY:
Bacteremia or Salmonellosis