Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word project implementation plan for the project selected by the Learning Team in Week 2 which will also be used for the final implementation plan for the Project Selection Paper Assignment. Part 1 of the plan must include the following sections: •Human Resources Plan: Complete the human resources plan for the project as defined in section 9.1.3 (Develop Human Resources Plan) in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. This plan should include roles and responsibilities, a project organization chart, and a staffing management plan. •Quality Management Plan: Complete the quality management plan as defined in section 8.1.3 (Plan Quality: Outputs) in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. This plan should include the quality management plan for implementing the organization’s quality policy and the quality metrics. •Procurement Plan: Complete the procurement plan as defined in section 184.108.40.206, titled Procurement Management Plan, in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. This plan should identify the types of external resources that must be secured, the process for selecting and managing these external resources, and the metrics to evaluate the external resources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Tables may be used to format and organize the implementation plan. They can be included within the plan rather than at the end as normally required by APA guidelines.
Remember that all APA papers for this course require a minimum of two references and in text citation.
University of Phoenix Material
Preliminary Project Charter Worksheet
Instructions: Complete this project charter worksheet according to the instructions in section 4.1 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
Completed by: William Brown
Date: November 17, 2014
- Project title: Enterprise PDM
- High-level project scope (less than 50 words)
Purchase, install, and implement a new Product Data Management (PDM) system.
- Problem to be solved or opportunity to be realized by this project (less than 25 words)
Update antiquated electronic document management system (EDMS) to increase user productivity.
- Project purpose or justification including specific measurable business impacts or results (less than 50 words)
The project will increase user efficiency and provide a platform capable of sustaining future growth through the use of intelligent engineering documents.
- Measurable project objectives and related success criteria including metrics (Provide three to four objectives with metrics)
1.) Purchase software and hardware within 10 days of project approval.
2.) Complete software and hardware installation within 60 days of project approval
3.) Complete software configuration and workflows within 140 days of project approval
4.) Train users on the PDM within 180 days of project approval
- High-level requirements (less than 100 words)
1.) The software must be tested with the new hardware and network architecture against other related software platforms.
2.) The configuration and workflows must be tested and documented prior to full roll-out
3.) Time for sufficient training of users must be provided
- High-level risks (less than 100 words)
1.) Delays in hardware procurement and installation.
2.) Project resources repurposed
3.) Time for user training not available
- Summary of high-level milestones schedule (identify the major deliverables and subtasks)
- Project approval
- PDM Administrators
- End Users
- Query users
- Lessons learned
- Summary of high-level budget including expense dollars, capital dollars, and headcount (identify costs for major deliverables and tasks identified in the preceding milestone schedule)
|Item||Capital $||Expense $|