Operations and Information Management
– Quality of Executive summary (does give a brief complete summary of the paper for an executive to read?)
– Establishment of relevant theory (e.g. what do we mean by process design?)
– Alocation of credit and sources used (have I included references and citations to the material I have used?)
– Clarity of argument
– Overall report presentation including spelling and grammar
– adherance to nominated word limit (+/- 10%)
– Word processed (letter size 12, times new roman, 1.5 space) fully referenced (Harvard Referencing System)
Marks for the assignment will also be awarded in relation to presentation and structure, and aspects such as examples, figures, tables, illustrations, and statistics that indicate wider / independant reading.
Indicative reading: module materials (that I will attach), but also access further material in the form of journals/articles from peer-reviewed.
The assingment must include Executive summary of the work/ List of Contents / Introduction / Conclusion / Reference List.
The Manufactoring/service process design is based on a considerable number o different variables ans represents, in essence, a number of trade-offs. Depending on the nature of the business, the nature of the product, and the nature of the market place, the chosen process design will obviously be different.
A) By taking as an example a product or service from an industry that you are familiar with, critically discuss the main factors that influence the manufactoring/service process design.
(70% of the Mark)
B) By utilizing your example above please analyse how implementation of Lean Principles may assist the Operations Manager/Manageress in optimizing efficiencies while minimizing cost and improving customer service levels.
(30% of the Mark)
Request: I have noticed that you don’t have 1,5 line spacing option in between lines. That is a request from the university, so I would appreciate it.
Note: the example I was giving on the assignment while writing it was a small scale Film Producing Company. In case this example doesn’t leave you comfortable, please suggest other examples.