Mission Statement Analysis
Research a higher educational institution’s (in the USA) mission statement and website material that relates to the mission (possibly accreditation review, set of goals, strategic plan, etc.). Write a 4-page (excluding the mission statement itself), typed, double-spaced, font 12 paper that answers the questions below. Do not write your paper in a question and answer format; rather, cover the questions below in a well-structured, organized paper. Include a copy of the school’s mission statement at the top of your paper, and include a brief introduction and conclusion.
1. What is the mission of your selected institution?
2. What does the school value?
3. What is the institution’s overarching goals?
4. What is the type of student that the school would like to serve?
5. What is the type of education provided?
6. Is there a focus on a particular student population – undergraduate, graduate, or both?
7. Is there a focus on research, teaching, or service – all, some, or none?
8. Does the institution have a strategic plan? If yes, what are three key highlights/goals?
9. What evidence in terms of organizational structure, programs, or other activities supports the institution’s mission and goals?
10. What key challenge is facing the institution?
11. What is one unique aspect about the institution that you haven’t already covered?