Paper MUST include:
-Decide which disorder Marla may have using the information in the Faces of Abnormal Psychology Interactive Application at http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/psychology/faces/#. The profile introduction will match more than one of the disorders found in the application. You must choose one of the disorders and complete the profile.
-Include the 10 question from the week Four CheckPoint.
Here are my 10 questions from week 4:
1. Does your family have any history of mental illness, mood, or stress disorders?
2. Do the people in your life make you feel safe? Is there anyone who does not?
3. Could you describe as much of your childhood as you remember for me?
4. Have you ever been involved in a trauma or a close tragedy?
5. Can you describe your closest physical and mental relationships for me? (
6. How much stress do you feel you are under at work and at home, and is this a regular amount or is it just recently you feel this way?
7. Are your current symptoms normally this consistent or infrequent, and have you ever felt this way before now?
8. Do you feel any one of your symptoms is affecting you more than the others?
9. What do you think that specific symptom or any of your other symptoms were caused by anything or anyone specifically?
10. What do you think treatment will do for you and the way you are feeling now? Are you open to trying multiple forms of treatment?
-Summarize the disorder using the information provided in the interactive application.
-Explain the origin of the disorder and any potential treatments by using one of the models of abnormality found in Ch. 2 of Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology.
Models of abnormality are:
The Biological Model
The Psychodynamic Model
The Behavioral Model
The Cognitive Model
The Humanistic-Existential Model
The Sociocultural Model