Topic: International crime: report on human trafficking
• Introduction – This should discuss key definitions and relevance (300-400 words)
• Significance & Impact – This should look at these issues both nationally and internationally (600-700 words)
• Critical Analysis of Responses – Select a Max of 3 responses – these should be both UK and International and the types of response must be varied – in other words do not simply choose 3 pieces of legislation to assess (as all 3 are the same type of response)(1500 words).
• Recommendations (500 words) – These should be based on the findings of the previous section, should be evidenced and should NOT introduce new responses.
• Centre for Social Justice (2015) A Modern Response to Modern Slavery, London:CSJ
• Harvey, J.H., Hornsby, R.A. & Sattar, Z. (2015) ‘Disjointed Service: An English Case Study of Multi-Agency Provision in Tackling Child Trafficking’, British Journal of Criminology 55(3): 494-513
• National Crime Agency (2015a) National Strategic Assessment of Serious and Organised Crime, London: NCA
• National Crime Agency (2015b) National Referral Mechanism Statistics – End of Year Summary 2014, London: NCA
• Office of the Special Representative and Co-ordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (2013) Trafficking in Human Beings Amounting to Torture and other Forms of Ill-treatment, Vienna: OSCE
• Pickering, S. & Ham, J. (2014) ‘Hot Pants at the Border: Sorting Sex Work from Trafficking’, British Journal of Criminology 54(1): 2-19
• Plant, R. (2014) Modern slavery: The concepts and their practical implications (Working Paper), Geneva: ILO
• The Salvation Army (2015) Fourth Year Report on the Salvation Army’s Adult Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Victim Care & Coordination Contract, London: SA