Topic: Gambits to Look Out For
BOOK – SECRETS OF POWER NEGOTIATING – 15TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
BY ROGER DAWSON
This paper will be turned in in Strayer’s turnitin program for plagiarism.
Assignment 4: Gambits to Look Out For
Due Week 7 and worth 160 points
You are negotiating a major contract with the federal government for a G.P.S. Navigation system that only your company makes. The product has been battle tested in numerous actual war time conditions during the past few years. You are the lead negotiator for your company. You know that the individual representing the U.S. Government is adept at saving the government money on acquisitions of high tech equipment that companies like the one you represent make.
THIS PAPER NEEDS AN INTRODUCTION AND THE QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED ABOVE THE PARAGRAPH AND A CONCLUSION. THANK YOU!
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
1. Thoroughly discuss the critical behaviors that you should be mindful of during the negotiating process with the industry members in the scenario. Justify your response.
2. Thoroughly compare the fundamental differences between negotiating contracts with the federal government and a personal negotiation in which one is purchasing a new home or a new car.
3. Thoroughly discuss five (2) skills mentioned in Chapter 26 in the text that you believe would be critical for your success negotiating contracts with the federal government. Provide support for your rationale.
4. Describe the skills and behavior needed for effective negotiations
5. Distinguish contracts and purchasing negotiation activities.
6. Use technology and information resources to research issues in contracting and purchasing negotiation techniques.
7. Write clearly and concisely about issues in contracting and purchasing negotiation techniques.
8. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.