Discretionary situations for a police chief
Concept paper describing two discretionary situations for a police chief. The situations may focus on either operational issues (e.g., uniform patrol deployment, criminal investigation/arrest, traffic control, crime prevention, etc.) or administrative issues (e.g., disciplinary action, hiring, training, budget/procurement, public information, etc.). The exercise of discretion in one situation may be appropriate while being inappropriate in another.
For each situation, you will describe:
• the situation, the controlling protocol, and the discretionary alternative(s)
• the reasons supporting compliance with the controlling protocol
• the justification for the exercise of discretion
• the determination that discretion is appropriate/inappropriate, and why
In support of this project a minimum of two additional sources must be referenced in addition to textbook and course reading materials.
CAUTION: This paper must reflect the discretion exercised by the chief of police in his/her capacity as a police administrator. Situations describing the discretion of a police officer are inappropriate for this project.
• The submitted project must be a minimum of 3,000 words (approx. 7 pages), not including cover page and references page.
• Resources, must be cited both in the narrative where appropriate and on a separate references page, using APA citation rules.
will be submitted to Turnitin or other service for verification of originality
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE, TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU