Data base searching,
Analysis of Article
This chart describes the purpose of, and questions for, six stages of critically reading research articles. Focus on the many activities and questions that make up the
critical reading process. Begin to consider the journal articles and books you read in terms of these criteria.
•Document: APA Basics Checklist: Citations, Reference List, and Style (PDF document)
•Where can you find evidence to inform your thoughts and scholarly writing? Throughout your degree program, you will use the research literature to explore ideas,
guide your thinking, and gain new insights. As you search the research literature, it is important to use resources that are peer-reviewed and from scholarly journals.
You may already have some favorite online resources and databases that you use or have found useful in the past. Explore databases available.
• Review the information presented in the Learning Resources for the Library, searching the databases, and evaluating online resources.
• Begin searching for a peer-reviewed article that pertains to your practice area and is of particular interest to you;.which is- Powley, D. (2014). Reducing
violence and aggression in the emergency department. Emergency Nurse, 21(4), 26-29.
• Identify the database that you used to search for a peer-reviewed article in your area of practice and interest.
• Reflect on your experience with searching the database. Did you note any difficulties when searching for an article? What steps/strategies did you find helpful
for locating a peer-reviewed article? Would this database be useful to your colleagues? Would you recommend this database?
• Once you have select your peer-reviewed article, evaluate its strengths and weaknesses in terms of scholarly writing, bias, opinion, quality of evidence, and
appropriateness to its target audience.
Post a brief summary of your peer-reviewed article, the database you located your article in, your database searching experience, key words utilized in the search, and
analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the article.