Topic: critically discuss the claim that the concept of ‘social capital’ has relevance for understanding health profiles of rural and remote population groups in contemporary Australia
– Introduction gives background to the topic and states precisely what the essay intends to
– Body of essay shows evidence of critical analysis, synthesis and evaluation of relevant
– Conclusion draws evidence together, does not over-generalise or introduce new material.
– Well structured, logically sequenced essay in appropriate English.
– Correct referencing technique
– Body of essay shows a high level of critical analysis and synthesis of the relevant
literature and draws out important points
– Critical discussion develops a very convincing argument that directly addresses the
– Conclusion is well written and draws the evidence together
-A very well structured essay, with clear logical flow.