Refer to chapters 18-20 (attached), “The Public”. The goal of the three theories discussed in this unit is to help us understand how we are influenced by good speakers as both senders and receivers of messages.
(1) Briefly describe how each of these theories affects the way we listen and respond to a speaker, be it a politician, minister, advertisement on television or the internet, etc…).
(2) Then name the last major purchase you made (home, car, television, phone, computer, etc…) and discuss in detail the following:
1. In what way do you consider yourself to be part of the target audience for the product you purchased?
2. How did you identify with the speaker or advertisement?
3. What value(s) did the speaker or advertisement use that identified with your personal values and caused you to decide to purchase that product?
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU