Task A & B
With close reference to a small business of your choice, submit a written analysis highlighting the relationship of theory to practice. This might refer to your own working environment, or to one in which you have worked. Your work should address some or all of the following:
• an analysis of the business behaviour of the people concerned and how it meets or doesn’t meet the evidence, theories and frameworks in the Small Business Management literature.
• a comparison with competitors, highlighting any differences.
B. Reflection on Learning
In all cases you are required to return as part of your submission document a) a list of relevant reading which you carried out and b) a short personal commentary (maximum one side of A4) on your learning on this module. This should include a reflection on your contribution in class to the learning of others as well as your experience – what you have learned or didn’t learn about small business management; and how. Further information will be given on the theoretical frameworks underlying this kind of work and which you should draw on.
• all students must provide sufficiently clear introductory and supporting material to provide a rationale for choice of organisation as well as evidence of your research process.
• Obtaining ethics approval for primary research is essential: please consult your tutor.
• Students who do not provide a statement of personal learning will lose 10% of the module grade.