Arts That Are NOT Considered Art form
choose ONLY TWO SPECIFIC WORKS OF ART THAT ARE NOT ALREADY CONSIDERED ART FORM. FOR EXAMPLE TATOOS, IS ART BUT IS NOT CONSIDERED AN ART FORM. Therefore, the two examples of art form can be anything BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT THEY NEED TO BE NOT CONSIDERED ART, and then for EACH work of art you have to answer THIRTEEN QUESTIONS.
* For this assignment, you will take on the role of an investigative journalist by using the Internet to seek out different kinds of artworks including art that is not conventionally considered to be art. Please keep in mind that works of art currently, or traditionally found in museums should be excluded from your examples.
* Please choose two specific works of art (not general forms of art) that will make for a captivating news article.
* Please using the art terminology and concepts outlined in the textbook and supplement reading to describe and evaluate each artwork chosen by answering the following questions. Please apply your own critical thinking to completely describe the works and put them in context for the reader.
* Please elaborate on the details in your own words. Consider including a headline to grab your reader’s attention, and be sure to include a clearly labeled URL (Web link) to the image.
* What is the FORM of the work of the images chosen?
1. Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
2. What materials are used?
3. What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
4. What colors are used?
5. Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
* Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?
6. If so, what is literally depicted?
7. Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
* What is the CONTENT?
8. What does it mean or represent?
9. What is the artist’s message?
10. Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
11. What is the context of the artwork?
12. What is the function of the artwork?
13. What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?