APAC, Oceania and Globalism
2/ Submit your 1500 word answer (plus a cover page and reference list) to the following two questions. Please don’t forget to support your views using relevant research, including that from the prescribed text, the online modules in this subject, and additional sources.
Questions (you need to answer both)
a) How important do you consider the Asia-Pacific region to be in a global business context? (750 words)
b) To what degree does the grouping of the Asian and Pacific nations into a single business region make sense, as compared to separating them into separate regions such as Asia and Oceania? (750 words)
3/ Print a copy of your assessment submission and bring it to the week 5 face-to-face session. Be prepared to share the content of your submission and discuss your views with others in small groups in the lecturer-led activity.
* Please remember to support your views using relevant research including from the prescribed text (required), the subject site online modules/readings (optional), and external sources (required).
* This is an open assessment which can be read by other students, so please do not identify the name of your organisation in what you post to the discussion board. Please just describe your organization (e.g. large Australian retail bank), and use a pseudonym (E.g. ABC bank).
* Your work should be structured like a mini-article or mini-essay that has an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
* Please use appropriate section headings throughout your work.
* You are expected to write in the third person. (E.g. The author’s view is that … The author’s experience is that … The author’s research indicates that … etc…)
* Please only submit a hard copy.
* Please don’t forget to include a cover page and a reference list.
* Please stay within 10% below to 10% above the word count (e.g. 1,350 to 1,650 words for this 1,500 word requirement) to avoid receiving a marking penalty.
* Please read the other sections below (especially the marking criteria) before commencing work on this assessment.
* Please note that the required word count excludes your cover page, reference list and bibliography.
This assessment is designed to encourage you to reflect on the subject materials, concepts and topics and your own views of the Asia-Pacific region, Australia’s role within it, and its role within a global business context.
The assessment allows you an opportunity to demonstrate your critical thinking, research, and written communication skills.
This assessment task covers topic weeks 1 – 4 and 6 and has been designed to ensure that you are engaging with the subject content and concepts.
The assessment seeks to assess your ability to be able to define and identify the region and it’s role within a global business context, including Australia’s role within the region.
The assessment also supports the achievement of key learning outcomes in this subject, including being able to identify and interpret key economic and social trends in the Asia-Pacific region, being able to assess alternative strategies for managing political risk, being able to assess the current roles of the major political associations and trading groups operating in the region, and being able to analyse the economic and political roles of Australia in the region.